03/19/21Categories: College Update, Faculty Pride, Research Pride
There were a lot of accomplishments from December to March in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences! The notable list includes:
Christine Crish, Ph.D.
- Montoya-Sanhueza G, Bennett NC, Oosthuizen MK, Dengler-Crish CM & Chinsamy A. 2021. Bone remodeling in the longest living rodent, the naked mole-rat: Interelement variation and the effects of reproduction. Journal of Anatomy, Feb 7. doi: 10.1111/joa.13404.
- Montoya-Sanhueza G, Bennett NC, Oosthuizen MK, Dengler-Crish CM & Chinsamy A. 2020. Long bone histomorphogenesis of the naked mole-rat: Histodiversity and intraspecific variation. Journal of Anatomy, Dec 11. doi: 10.1111/joa.13381
sam Crish, Ph.D.
- Sam Crish was awarded $31k from the Templeton Medical Research Foundation for “Restoring Neuronal Function in Alzheimer’s disease.”
altaf darvesh, Ph.D.
- Darvesh AS, Barnett RE, Fitsanakis VA. Chapter 28: Caenorhabditis elegans: An Elegant Model Organism for Evaluating the Neuroprotective and Neurotherapeutic Potential of Nutraceuticals. In: Nutraceuticals: Efficacy, Safety and Toxicity, 2nd edition, Eds: Gupta RC, Lall R, Srivastava A, Elsevier Inc, San Diego, CA, 2021, 411-430.
Sheila Fleming, Ph.D.
- Sheila Fleming was invited to serve as an ad hoc reviewer for the NIH/NINDS Clinical Neuroplasticity and Neurotransmitters Study Section (February 2021).
moses oyewumi, Ph.D.
- Moses Oyewumi was awarded $100,000-year-1, from Davis Fund to support the project: “Pharmaceutical Development of Cancer Therapeutics”.
austin shin, Ph.D.
- The abstract “Cytochrome P450 1B1 binds to all-trans retinal and affects p53 Expression and Growth Arrest in Human Trabecular Meshwork Cells”, with Dr. Rachida Bouhenni, has been accepted for presentation during the 2021 ARVO Annual Meeting.