Obstetrics & GYNECOLOGY Clerkship
To meet the minimum requirements necessary to complete the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship satisfactorily, the student must:
- maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- obtain approval of the Clerkship Site Director prior to any absence
- perform all required activities detailed below
- Complete a breast and pelvic exam on a gynecologic teaching associate. This will be done during the Prerequisites to the Clinical Curriculum for students assigned to Cleveland, Columbus, and Toledo and at the sites on the first day of the OBGYN clerkship for all other students.
- Set 3 learning goals for clerkship before the end of week one and email to site director
- Compete and receive feedback on a minimum of 2 written H and Ps
- Complete the Clinical Skills Experience Portfolio (CSEP) to the satisfaction of the clerkship site director-this should be emailed to your site director and reviewed at the mid clerkship and end of clerkship feedback sessions
- Complete and present results of the NBME practice subject examination in obstetrics and gynecology to the site director at the mid-clerkship review session
- Complete the self-learning program “Psychosocial Aspects of Early Pregnancy Loss”
- Complete 4 nights of call over 6 week period
- Complete the Practice based learning and improvement assignment
- Complete Peer Interactive Learning Sessions with fellow student(s)-1 to 2 half days per week will be set aside to accomplish this.
- Meet with clerkship site director at the midpoint and end of the clerkship for review of clerkship. These sessions will include:
- review of your performance to date
- review of your CSEP
- Review of progress on your learning goals.
- Pass the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) subject exam
- Complete the end of clerkship evaluation (feedback) survey.