Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Course (ALSO®)
ALSO® Provider Course
An educational program designed to enhance cognitive and procedural skills of health care professionals to aid in the management of obstetrical emergencies.
Overall Course Objectives
After completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss ways of improving the management of obstetrical urgencies and emergencies which may help standardize the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- discuss the importance of utilizing regional maternity care services and identify possible barriers that might limit access.
- successfully complete the course written test and megadelivery testing station.
This course is directed primarily toward maternity care providers, including physicians, nurses and certiﬁed nurse midwives. This activity is classiﬁed as level two in accordance with the AMA PRA Credit and Classiﬁcation Guidelines for continuing medical education on new procedures and skills.
- Lecture-Discussion Workstations
- Assisted Delivery
- Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
- OB Cases
- Perineal Laceration Repair
- Postpartum Hemorrhage and Maternal
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Megadelivery Skills
- Written Test