Orienting Faculty to new learning modalities!
As we prepare for the transition to a new, innovative curriculum, faculty development is being provided to support the success of our faculty learners!
provided to date
- Peer Instruction (PI) question writing workshop* for fall module leaders and faculty.
- PI Individual Practice Sessions
- PI Simulation Sessions
- PI Facilitation Guide
- PI Facilitation Workshop
- PI Question Item Writing Guide & Worksheet
- PI Question Item Writing Workshop
EDUCATION Innovation Award
The Education Innovation Award was created to support faculty innovations in the NEOMED College of Medicine curriculum, with the goal of developing more diverse ways to actively engage learners. Successful awardees will propose projects that enhance the curriculum to provide an Exceptional Student Experience.
All faculty currently teaching in the COM curriculum are eligible for the award. The maximum award amount is $5000 limited to a maximum of one award per module/course and one award per applicant per academic year. Successful project proposals will support a formal NEOMED COM curricular component and must align with COM Educational Program objectives.
Applications will be accepted quarterly, the next deadline is October 15, 2021, with recipients being notified by December 1, 2021 . For more information, please contact COM Faculty development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Development resources
- AAMC Group on Educational Affairs (GEA) Professional Development
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (web seminars, annual meetings fellowship program)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) 2020 Virtual Conference
- NBME Services
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
- American Physiological Society Institute on Teaching and Learning