Orienting Faculty to new learning modalities!
As we prepare for the transition to a new, innovative curriculum, faculty development is being provided to support the success of our faculty learners!
provided to date
- Peer Instruction (PI) question writing workshop* for fall module leaders and faculty.
- Guide and worksheet for Writing PI questions
- PI question item review checklist
- PI Workshop
- Molding the Millennial Mind
- PI item writing workshop for M1 Spring faculty
- PI facilitation workshop
- PI Simulation Session
EDUCATION Innovation Award
The Education Innovation Award was created to support faculty innovations in the NEOMED College of Medicine curriculum, with the goal of developing more diverse ways to actively engage learners. Successful awardees will propose projects that enhance the curriculum to provide an Exceptional Student Experience.
All faculty currently teaching in the COM curriculum are eligible for the award. The maximum award amount is $5000 limited to a maximum of one award per module/course and one award per applicant per academic year. Successful project proposals will support a formal NEOMED COM curricular component and must align with COM Educational Program objectives.
Applications will be accepted quarterly with the first deadline occurring July 15 with Sept. 1 being the first award notice date. For more information, please contact COM Faculty development at email@example.com.
Faculty Development resources
June 22- 26, 2020– American Physiological Society Institute on Teaching and Learning Virtual Week: Click here for more information
- AAMC Group on Educational Affairs (GEA) Professional Development
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (web seminars, annual meetings fellowship program)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) 2020 Virtual Conference
- NBME Services
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
- American Physiological Society Institute on Teaching and Learning