Important Dates (2018-2019)
AMCAS Early Decision application deadline
Supplemental application invites begin being sent
Early Decision Supplemental application deadline
Early Decision admission notification
AMCAS Regular Decision application deadline
Regular Decision Supplemental application deadline
Regular Decision admission rolling notifications
Traditional Admission Pathway
Apply as a college graduate to medical school at NEOMED
The College of Medicine at NEOMED welcomes new students via traditional admission that have not started in an Early Assurance pathway with a partner university. Candidates applying to the traditional admission (formerly known as direct entry) pathway to NEOMED as a first-year medicine student should begin the application process through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). As a member of the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), NEOMED participates in a common application service and abides by all AAMC deadlines and practices.
Who should apply?
Successful candidates for the College of Medicine at NEOMED include individuals:
- Who have demonstrated the orientation toward practice in patient centered care
- With demonstrated service toward medically underserved populations
- Who seek to improve the health and quality of life of the communities of Ohio
- Who strive to uphold the mission, vision and values of the College
Application Eligibility Guidelines
All Traditional Admission candidates must:
- Possess at least a baccalaureate (four-year) degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling at NEOMED (applicants may be in their final year of progress toward a degree prior to graduation at the time of application)
- Be a U.S citizen/U.S. permanent resident (latter must submit documentation of status during application process)
Effective for the fall 2017 application cycle, applicants must complete:
• Two semesters of Organic Chemistry and Lab
• Two semesters of Physics and Lab
• Two semesters of Biology and Lab
• One semester of Biochemistry
Applicants are strongly recommended to have completed coursework in:
- Cell Biology
- English Composition
- Molecular Biology
Competitive Academic Profile
An academic profile for competitive traditional admission candidates includes:
- Overall GPA: 3.48 – 3.80 (middle 50% of acceptances)
- Overall GPA average: 3.67
- College BCPM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math) GPA: 3.43 – 3.71 (middle 50% of acceptances)
- Overall BCPM GPA average: 3.60
- MCAT score: 503 – 509 (middle 50% of acceptances)
- MCAT average: 506
How to Apply
Students apply to NEOMED using the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) application as early as June 1 of the year preceding anticipated enrollment in medical school.
Fill out your AMCAS application, choosing NEOMED as one of the schools to receive it.
Once your application has been verified by AMCAS, NEOMED may send you an invitation to complete your supplemental application beginning August 15, 2018 and on a rolling basis thereafter until one week prior to the deadline the NEOMED supplemental application is due.
Note – NEOMED Supplemental application is by invitation only following review of AMCAS applications. Applicants should refer to AMCAS to begin application to medical school.
Watch for email notification that your file is complete and await word on a possible interview between September and April.
Required Application Materials
- AMCAS Application
- Supplemental application
- MCAT scores
- Application fee
Letters of evaluation are neither required nor accepted for this program.
NEOMED will not accept MCAT scores older than three years at the time of the month of matriculation.
As an applicant seeking admission to NEOMED, you are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $95. An online payment will be made when you submit your supplemental application.
You can qualify for a supplemental application fee waiver if you qualified for a fee waiver through AMCAS. Check “I qualify for a fee waiver” on the NEOMED supplemental application, then forward a copy of the fee waiver email you received from AMCAS to email@example.com with the subject line “Traditional M.D. Fee Waiver”. After emailing your fee waiver, wait for further instructions from NEOMED. Do not submit your application until instructed to do so.
Office of Enrollment Services
Toll Free: 800.686.2511