Medical Ethics & Humanities Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you will find Frequently Asked Questions about the program. To learn the answers to these questions, click on the plus sign or the question text to expand the dropdown. Questions and answers have been grouped under the following topics: Admissions, Financial Aid, Curriculum and More Information.
How do I apply?
Applications to the Medical Ethics and Humanities program are submitted through the GradCAS application system.
When should I apply?
Applications to the Medical Ethics and Humanities program at NEOMED must be completed by August 1.
What are the application requirements?
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- Maintained an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0
- Hold up-to-date licensure, in the case of practicing professionals
- Updated curriculum vita (CV) containing contact information, education, employment, scholarly activities, and licensure (if applicable)
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to pursue the Medical Ethics & Humanities program and how this program of study would further your professional goals (1,500 words maximum)
- Official Transcripts from all institutions that you have taken courses at are required. This includes both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- One (1) recommendation/evaluation is required to successfully apply for admission. Recommendations/evaluations must be submitted through the online application system.
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States to apply. International applicants are ineligible to apply.
- Current NEOMED Students Only-A signed letter of good academic standing in your primary program from the Office of the Registrar
If accepted to the program, when would classes begin?
Classes for the Medical Ethics and Humanities program will begin in late August.
What is the cost of the program?
Detailed cost tuition and fee information for the Medical Ethics & Humanities program can be found in the University Fee Register.
Should I submit by FAFSA prior to applying to the program?
An applicant’s FAFSA can be submitted prior to application but it is not required to be completed before hand.
Where can I find a list of required courses for the program?
Curriculum information can be found on the Medical Ethics and Humanities Curriculum webpage.
How can I learn more about the program?
Connect with program faculty and staff.