APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
NEOMED recommends that each Medical Ethics & Humanities applicant:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Hold up-to-date licensure, in the case of practicing professionals
- Exhibit a strong desire to enroll in ethics and humanities coursework
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Completed online application
- $90 application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended
- Personal statement; single-spaced, minimum one page, not to exceed three pages that answers: Why are you an ideal candidate and Why do you want to earn a degree/certificate in Medical Ethics and Humanities?
- Letter of Good Academic Standing (applicable to students and residents; letter must be sent by academic institution/residency director)
- One letter of recommendation from previous or current faculty, mentors, or colleagues (Letter should not come from family members or friends, or from educators/mentors prior to your undergraduate education)
Letter of recommendation and letter of good academic standing cannot be submitted through the online application process and must be submitted directly to the Office of Enrollment Services.