Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you will find Frequently Asked Questions about the program. To learn the answers to these questions, click on the plus sign or the question text to expand the dropdown. Questions and answers have been grouped under the following topics: Admissions, Financial Aid, Curriculum and More Information.
How do I apply?
Additional details will be provided soon!
When should I apply?
Applications to the Health Systems Science program at NEOMED must be completed by August 6th
What are the application requirements?
- Applicants will need:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- Maintained an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0
- Complete a NEOMED online admissions application, including payment of the application fee
- Submit a personal statement; single spaced, minimum one page, not to exceed three pages that answers: Why are you an ideal candidate? Why do you want to earn a degree in Health Systems Science? Personal statements will be evaluated by the program admissions committee.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions you have taken courses at. This includes both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from previous or current faculty, mentors, or colleagues (Letter must not come from family members or friends, or from educators/mentors prior to your undergraduate education)
Application requirements are also listed here.
If accepted to the program, when would classes begin?
Classes for the Health Systems Science program will begin in late August.
How many students are accepted into the program each year?
The program will accept no more than 12 students each year.
What is the cost of the program?
The Health Systems Science program costs $638 per credit hour, with an additional $11 per credit hour for out of state students. For credit hour information, visit the Health Systems Science Curriculum Webpage.
Should I submit my FAFSA prior to applying to the program?
An applicant’s FAFSA can be submitted prior to application but it is not required to be completed beforehand.
Where can I find a list of required courses for the program?
Curriculum information can be found on the Health Systems Science Curriculum webpage.
How can I learn more about the program?
Connect with program faculty and staff.