Advance Your Pharmacy Career Options
The Health-System Pharmacy Administration degree program offers two tracks; a combined Master of Science (M.S.) degree/residency or an M.S. degree only. Both tracks are designed for individuals who wish to build on their professional competence and enable them to manage complex health-system pharmacy departments at the institutional and department levels.
Who Should Apply?
Master of Science (M.S.) Degree in Pharmacy Administration
This program is geared toward mid-career pharmacists practicing and is valuable as the country faces a shortage of health-system pharmacy executives by developing new, marketable management and leadership skills.
Master of Science Degree/Residency Program in Pharmacy Administration
This two-year program is designed for graduating pharmacy students or recent graduates and provides individuals with professional practice excellence, leadership ability and business acumen and allows M.S. residents to immediately apply hands-on experience gained through clinical and administrative rotations and knowledge gained in the classroom to real-life professional, clinical and management situations.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that each Pharmacy Administration applicant:
- Have a status as a licensed pharmacist or eligiblity for licensure
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 in a college of pharmacy
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA for undergraduate coursework
- Be a U.S citizen/U.S. permanent resident (latter must submit documentation of status during application process)
For M.S. degree program
- Hold a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree, or bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- At least three years of practice experience in health-system pharmacy
For M.S. degree/residency program
- Acceptance into the Pharmacy Administration Residency through the ASHP Match Program at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus or Akron General Medical Center
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) waived for candidates with a Pharm.D. or graduate level degree and an overall GPA of 3.0 in a college of pharmacy.
Required Application Materials
Each Health-System Pharmacy Administration application should include:
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts and test scores
- Current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- $75 application fee (waived for the M.S. degree/residency program)
Letters of recommendation, transcripts and test scores, curriculum vitae and personal statement cannot be submitted through the online application process and must be submitted directly to the Office of Enrollment Services.