Enhance Your Education
The Bioethics Certificate at NEOMED can be earned while pursuing your medicine or pharmacy degree. This nine-credit program, which can be acquired in nine months to two years is ideal for the busy student or health care professional who wished to combine clinical practice with ethics consultation, education and research. Students take coursework in the areas of ethical, social and legal issues facing professionals in the health sciences.
Who Should Apply?
The NEOMED Bioethics Certificate Program is designed for health care professionals and students who have the desire to explore ethical issues in the clinical and community settings through the lens of ethical theory and narrative-driven humanities. It is ideal for the busy health care professional or student who wishes to combine clinical practice with ethics consultation, education and research.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
NEOMED recommends that each Bioethics Certificate applicant:
- Have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree
- Have at least a 3.0 for undergraduate coursework
- Exhibit a strong desire to enroll in ethics and humanities coursework
- Be a U.S citizen/U.S. permanent resident (latter must submit documentation of status during application process)
Required Application Materials
Each Bioethics Certificate application should include:
- Completed online application
- Updated CV containing contact information, education, employment, scholarly activities, and licensure (if applicable)
- Personal statement (Why are you an ideal candidate? Why do you want to earn a certificate in bioethics?)
- Letter of Good Academic Standing (applicable to students and residents; letter must be sent by academic institution/residency director)
- One letter of recommendation
Letters of recommendation and letter of good academic standing cannot be submitted through the online application process and must be submitted directly to the Office of Enrollment Services.