Fellowship in Academic Medicine
The Fellowship in Academic Medicine (FAME) is a longitudinal professional development program for health professions educators and administrative leaders who have interest in fostering academic excellence, innovation and scholarly productivity in health professions education. The program will:
- provide programming to improve fellows skills as educators, and
- stimulate and support the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to curriculum design, student learning and assessment, curriculum evaluation and outcome research
This track is suitable for health professions educators who are interested in improving their skills as educators, clinicians and scholars. Curriculum in this track will focus on stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to curriculum design, student learning and assessment, clinical teaching skills, classroom teaching skills, curriculum evaluation and outcome research.
All classes will be held January through October at the NEOMED Rootstown Campus from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2020 Session Dates (Fridays):
- Jan. 10
- Feb. 14
- March 20
- April 10
- May 8
- June 12
- July 10
- Aug. 14
- Sept. 11
- Oct. 9 – FAME Academic Day
The FAME program utilizes a cohort-based model, designed to help prepare health professionals, researchers, and administrative leaders for teaching and leadership roles at academic health centers.
- Cohort model encourages collaboration and networking across institutions
- Learner-centered curriculum
- Protected time to contribute to scholarly activities Highly interactive courses taught by expert faculty and Master Teachers
- Class size limited to 10
- CE Credits
- Fellowship Certificate from NEOMED
- Teaching Track: $2,500.00
*A limited number of $500 scholarships will be available to FAME alumni and NEOMED faculty
At the completion of of the track, fellows will receive a Fellowship Certificate from Northeast Ohio Medical University.
June 10 – Oct. 30, 2019
If you are interested in applying for the 2020 FAME Teaching Track, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.