Statement of Guiding Principles
These Guiding Principles help Northeast Ohio Medical University fulfill its mission of improving the health of Northeast Ohio through education, research and service.The Guiding Principles are used to implement institutional actions, activities, policies and planning to ensure all members of the community are represented among faculty, staff and students.
A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is the responsibility of all individuals. All University members are expected to use the following practices to guide their actions and decision making.
- Create a welcoming, nurturing, inclusive environment that promotes interaction among all University members.
- Promote practices that create awareness, appreciation, acceptance and celebration of different cultures, beliefs and ideas.
- Build skills required to be successful in an all-inclusive environment.
- Develop and implement actions and activities that result in the
- recruitment and retention of more diverse faculty, staff and students.
- Serve as University Ambassadors in the community and convey NEOMED’s commitment to serving Northeast Ohio.
TITLE IX IS LAW
Employment and academic discrimination against any individual on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status is prohibited.