The Ohio Program for Campus Safety & Mental Health will host its 5th Biennial Conference on May 18, 2021.
This year’s conference Creating Community Wellness: Equity and Inclusion in Student Mental Health will be held virtually. Break-out sessions will last one hour. Sessions will be engaging and allow at least 15 minutes for questions. All presentations will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing.
Objectives for the conference are:
- Identify how colleges and universities can create welcoming environments and acknowledge feelings of isolation, exclusion and that lead to mental health disparities.
- Identify strategies for understanding and addressing the mental health needs of diverse student populations
- Identify outreach strategies that assist to recognize vulnerable student populations and that address stigma and barriers to accessing mental health care
- Provide help-seeking options that target suicide prevention for diverse student populations
- Recognize efforts meeting the needs of all groups on campuses, including first generation students, students from historically underrepresented backgrounds, and students with visible and invisible disabilities
Link to conference sessions and registration. Registration will open April 23, 2021.
Department of Psychiatry
Ohio Program for Campus Safety & mental Health
NEOMED Coordinating Center of Excellence