Modified SUmmer Semester
College of Medicine
- First-year medicine students (M1): Summer semester (four week “header”) scheduled to commence July 27, 2020; AY20-21 will commence late August.
- Second-year medicine students (M2): Summer semester (four week “header”) scheduled to commence July 27, 2020; AY20-21 will commence late August
- Third-year medicine students (M3): Online until students can be placed on TBD clinical rotations
- Fourth-year medicine students (M4): Online until students can be placed on TBD clinical rotations
College of Pharmacy
- No summer courses
College of Graduate Studies
- Online learning will continue throughout the summer of 2020 (June 1 – August 22) for the following programs:
- Medical Ethics and Humanities
- Master of Public Health
- Integrated Pharmaceutical Medicine (with limited to no lab time)
- We will also offer lab experiences to students when it is possible and safe to do so.
- The following programs will not offer courses for the summer of 2020
- Health-System Pharmacy Administration
- Modern Anatomical Sciences
- Community and Practical Experiences
- Currently working with students who require community or practical experiences as part of their degree requirements. Enhanced flexibility in these experiences is being offered to students during this time.
- Summer Research
- As research activities may continue through the summer of 2020, researchers must remain compliant with CDC and state guidelines and manage their teams (research techs, post-docs, graduate students and student volunteers) accordingly. Kent State University Biomedical Sciences students working with NEOMED faculty advisors are required to follow NEOMED’s guidelines.