Coronavirus Temporary Travel Guidelines
Posted April 3, 2020
Effective immediately and until further notice, the University has suspended all university-sponsored international travel and non-essential domestic travel. Do not book any new travel between now and June 30, 2020.
The University will periodically reassess the opportunity for travel as appropriate to public health.
- These restrictions apply to university-sponsored travel (via flight, train or vehicle) for students, faculty, staff, guests and recruits.
- All international travel is suspended. Domestic travel (including driving within the state of Ohio) will be limited to business-essential travel and will be approved on a case-by-case basis by a University dean or vice president.
- Business-essential travel is defined as travel that is absolutely necessary to the mission of the University, can only be completed by the traveler’s physical presence and does not create an unacceptable health hazard. Conference attendance and presentations are not generally considered essential travel.
Cancellation Procedures for Upcoming Travel
Business travel currently scheduled and approved to take place from May 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 should be cancelled immediately upon notification that the purpose for the travel is no longer necessary. Cancellation is the responsibility of the traveler or their designee.
To cancel scheduled travel, please work with the various vendors in the same manner that the trip was booked/purchased.
- Contact the conference organizer. They should give you direction on how to obtain a refund of your conference fees. They would also be able to cancel your hotel if booked through the conference registration process.
- Contact the hotel to cancel your reservation.
- Contact the airline to cancel your flights. You will most likely be issued a voucher. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the amount of your voucher, the name the voucher was issued in, and the expiration date of your voucher. If you are able to have the voucher issued in NEOMED’s name, please do so.
- If at all possible, your airline voucher should be used for future business travel. If this is not possible and you use the voucher for personal travel, the amount of the voucher will be included in your wages as a taxable fringe benefit to you.