Resources to Learn More
General Tips for Teaching Online
- Tips and Tricks for Teaching in the Online Classroom: Jim Harrison and J. Diane Martonis (Faculty Focus)
- Selecting the Appropriate Communication Tools for Your Online Course: Rob Kelly (Faculty Focus)
- 8 Lessons Learned from Teaching Online: EDUCAUSE Research Library
- How To Be a Better Online Teacher: Flower Darby (Chronicle of Higher Education)
Resources for Online Writing Instruction
- Annotated Bibliography of Online Writing Instruction research (compiled by Heidi Harris, 2019)
- Foundational Practices of Online Writing Instruction (book); edited by Beth Hewett and Kevin DePew, 2015. Here are a few chapter highlights:
- Personal, Accessible, Responsive, Strategic: Resources and Strategies for Online Writing Instructors (book): Jessie Borgman and Casey McArdle, 2019
- Stanford’s Teach Anywhere, the extensive and ever-growing official campus resource!
Remixed By: Michael Wright Director, Academic Technology and Sharon Combs-Eisenbarth LMS Admin and Web Master
Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Adapted from “Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption, for SIS and PWR.” Feel free to remix for your own institutional contexts!