Administrative Policy: Academic
COGS – Academic Program Length
Policy Number: 3349-AC-350
Effective Date: 08/05/2014
Responsible Department: College of Graduate Studies (COGS), Enrollment Services and Registrar
Applies To: COGS Students
To establish the standards of academic program length in the College of Graduate Studies (COGS).
The scope of this policy includes all students enrolled in any degree program in the COGS.
C. Body of Policy
- Program Program lengths vary in the COGS. Students are required to complete all coursework, including thesis and dissertation requirements, within the time frame expressed in this policy for the level of graduate program.
- Master’s Degree – All degree requirements must be completed within six (6) years of enrollment in the program.
- Doctoral Degree – All doctoral program requirements must be completed within ten (10) years of starting the doctoral program.
- Professional degree students who enroll in the COGS Doctoral program may not exceed eight (8) years from the initial date of enrollment at NEOMED to complete all program requirements.
- The Dean of the College of Graduate Studies may grant a one (1)-year extension in special cases. Written justification must be submitted to the Dean with support of the Graduate Program Director and advisor.