Policy Number: 3349-08-80
Effective Date: 10/01/2010
Responsible Department: Human Resources
Applies To: Classified Civil Service Employees
- The purpose of this Policy is to establish a uniform policy on the promotion of Classified Civil Service Employees.
- This Policy applies to all Classified Civil Service Employees.
- Consult Institution Policy No. 3349‐7‐01.
D. Policy Statement
- If a position vacancy exists within the Classified Civil Service ranks of the University, and the position does not require eligible applicants to take a competitive examination, the Appointing Authority for the Classified Civil Service Employees at the University may, upon the recommendation of the Immediate Supervisor, nominate an eligible Employee for promotion.
- In cases of promotion without competition, the Appointing Authority shall require a written statement from the Immediate Supervisor showing:
- That such Employee is entitled to promotion by reason of conduct and effective performance in his or her current position;
- That such employee possesses the appropriate qualifications to be promoted to the higher position;
- That such employee is not currently serving a probationary period and no eligibility list exists for the classification of the vacant position.
*Requires Acrobat Adobe Reader