Appendix A – COM Procedure for Appointment, Promotion, Reappointment, and Evaluation of Non-tenure Track Faculty
Policy Number: 3349-03-22
Effective Date: 06/05/2011
Responsible Department: College of Medicine, Office of Faculty Affairs
Applies To: Faculty, College of Medicine
K. Procedures for Annual Evaluation and Processing Reappointments and Nonreappointments
- Non-tenure track faculty employed either full or part-time by the University, shall be evaluated at least annually.
- Voluntary Faculty will be evaluated at least every three (3) years; and may, in the discretion of the Department Chair, be evaluated more often using the following procedures.
- The Department Chair will request an activity report from the faculty member concerning College related activities.
- The Department Chair will review the activity reports using the initial appointment and promotion criteria as a guideline.
- The Department Chair will notify a faculty member in writing by March of the intention to recommend non-reappointment.
- A faculty member who disagrees with the intention to recommend non-reappointment may request a meeting with the Department Chair within five (5) business days to determine if the matter may be resolved prior to notification of the Dean.
- After the meeting, the Department Chair will notify the faculty member and the Dean of the final recommendation.
- The Department Chair will forward recommendations concerning nonreappointments and lateral moves to the Dean by March 15.
- The Dean’s recommendations along with all others will be forwarded to the President by April 15 for transmittal to the Board of Trustees for final action.
- In the event of non-reappointment, the final date of appointment will be June 30 of the same year.
- Return to Appendix A – COM Procedure for Appointment, Promotion, Reappointment, and Evaluation of Non-tenure Track Faculty home
- A. Definitions
- B. Academic Appointments
- C. Titles of Distinction
- D. Basic Principles for Appointment, Promotion and Reappointment
- E. Structure and Function of the Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee
- F. Time in Rank
- G. Appointment and Promotion General Considerations
- H. Faculty in Non-Clinical Departments – Appointment and Promotion Standards and Documentation
- I. Faculty in Clinical Departments – Appointment and Promotion Standards and Documentation
- J. Procedures for Processing Appointments and Promotions
- L. Clinical faculty leave of absence