Appendix B – University Faculty Appointment, Promotion & Tenure Bylaws
Policy Number: 3349-03-195
Effective Date: 06/05/2015
Responsible Department: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Applies To: All Tenured and Tenure Track Faculty
K. Ad Hoc Appeal Pool
Section (F)(10)(b) of this Appendix requires the President to hear an appeal or to appoint a three-member Appeal Committee of Tenured Faculty to consider the matter.
- Procedure to Appoint Ad Hoc Appeal Pool. To ensure the availability of qualified faculty to review an appeal, the President will appoint of pool of:
- Six (6) NEOMED tenured faculty members, of which no more than two (2) should be at the Associate Professor rank; and,
- Two (2) non-NEOMED faculty members who hold tenure at their respective institutions.
- Members of this pool may be activated to serve on the Appeal Committee of Tenured Faculty, but no more than one (1) non-NEOMED faculty member from this pool is to be appointed to the Appeal Committee.
- Any member of the pool who is appointed to hear the appeal will adhere to the same conflict of interest guidelines as set forth in Section (F)(3) of this Appendix.
- Any member of the pool will use the same criteria and rigor for review of the appeal as those used by the UTPC.
- Return to Appointments, Promotion & Tenure Bylaws home
- A. Purpose
- B. Scope
- C. Definitions
- D. Body of the Bylaws
- E. Structure and Function of Tenure Advisory Committee
- F. Structure and Function of the University Tenure and Promotions Committee
- G. Procedures for Comprehensive Post-Tenure Review
- H. Authority for the Administration of the University
- I. Required Dossier Template for Tenure and/or Promotion Review
- J. Procedures for Processing Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure