University Faculty Bylaws
Policy Number: 3349-03-01
Effective Date: 06/01/2011
Responsible Department: Office of the VPAA
Applies To: Faculty
- No amendment to these Bylaws may be made which is inconsistent with existing federal or state authority or University policy.
- The University Bylaws Committee reviews proposed amendments and revisions to current faculty policies and bylaws and solicits input and recommendations from the Deans of the Colleges and the University Faculty Council and recommends their approval to the VPAA. The committee initiates amendments to existing faculty policies, bylaws and appendices as needed.
- Recommendations for amendments to these Bylaws shall be made by the University Bylaws Committee to the VPAA who will forward final amendments to the President.
- The President shall submit positive recommendations for amendments to the Board for approval. Amendments become effective upon approval by the Board. Approved amendments shall be codified, filed and posted by the University General Counsel.
- Bylaws Appendices
- Appendices may elaborate, clarify or add further detail to these Bylaws.
- Appendices must be consistent with these Bylaws, University policy, and any federal or state authority. Amendments are initiated and vetted by the University Bylaws Committee and vetted with appropriate constituents.
- Recommended amendments to the Appendices shall be made by the University Bylaws Committee to the VPAA who reviews and approves as appropriate. Amendments will be effective upon such approval and will be codified and posted by the University General Counsel.
- Codification and Posting
- When amendments are approved, they must be forwarded to the University General Counsel.
- University General Counsel will notify the Office of the VPAA when such amendments have been codified, posted, and filed, if appropriate.
- Return to University Faculty Bylaws home
- A. Purpose
- B. Scope
- C. Definitions
- D. The President
- E. The Vice-President for Academic Affairs (“VPAA”)
- F. The Vice-President for Health Affairs (“VPHA”)
- G. Vice-President for Research (“VP for Research”)
- H. The Dean
- I. Department Chair
- J. Faculty
- K. Faculty Committees
- L. College Faculty Committees
- M. Tenure
- N. University Title of Distinction: Distinguished University Professor
- O. Sanctions and Dismissal of Faculty for Just Cause