NEOMED Faculty Selected for Membership in Master Teacher Guild
December 17, 2012 12:00 AM — FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Heather Bing, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330.325.6675
Several faculty at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) have been selected for membership in the Master Teacher Guild, an academy at the University dedicated to excellence in teaching. Members use their collective talents to enhance the educational programs throughout NEOMED, its affiliated hospitals and health departments and other community-based teaching sites.
“We are pleased to welcome the newest members of our Master Teacher Guild. These individuals clearly demonstrate the dedication and innovation we expect of our faculty as we continue to promote a culture of excellence and enhance the education of our students at NEOMED,” said Eliot Mostow, M.D., M.P.H., professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at NEOMED, and Master Teacher and chair of the Master Teacher Guild. “Each member brings unique strengths to the Guild that ultimately create a network of educators who are dedicated to mentoring colleagues, have a passion for teaching students, and ensure the ongoing success of our University.”
The following NEOMED faculty members have been selected for membership in the Guild at the following levels:
- Timothy R. Brown, Pharm.D., BCACP, FASHP, professor of family and community medicine at NEOMED and director of clinical pharmacotherapy in family medicine at Akron General Medical Center
- Richard J. Kasmer, Pharm.D., J.D., professor of pharmacy practice and associate dean of academic affairs for the College of Pharmacy at NEOMED
- Sara E. Dugan, Pharm.D., BCPP, associate professor of pharmacy practice and associate professor of psychiatry at NEOMED
- Patrick J. Gallegos, Pharm.D., R.Ph., BCPS, associate professor of pharmacy practice and assistant professor of internal medicine at NEOMED and pharmacotherapy specialist in internal medicine at Akron General Medical Center
- Laura H. Rocker, M.D., clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at NEOMED and staff psychiatrist at Akron Children’s Hospital
- Timothy R. Ulbrich, Pharm.D., R.Ph., assistant professor of pharmacy practice and director of pharmacy resident education at NEOMED
- Heather A. McEwen, M.L.I.S., M.S., assistant professor of pharmacy practice and reference librarian in the Oliver Ocasek Regional Medical Information Center at NEOMED
The Guild is open to all NEOMED faculty, and an annual call for applications requires faculty to submit an application form, teaching self-assessment, letter of nomination from a current master teacher and curriculum vitae for consideration. Eligible applicants also undergo a Master Teacher Assessment, which is a direct observation and feedback of the candidate's teaching-in-action in one or more teaching settings.
Visit us on the web to learn more about the NEOMED Master Teacher Guild.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is a community-based, public medical university with a mission to improve the quality of health care in Northeast Ohio working in collaboration with its educational and clinical partners. With a focus on scientific and medical research, and the interprofessional training of health professionals that is unique to the state of Ohio, the University offers a doctor of medicine (M.D.) and a doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree, in addition to graduate-level coursework and research opportunities leading to master’s and doctoral degrees in other medical areas. Northeast Ohio Medical University is a founding member of the Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron. Visit www.neomed.edu.