The Office of Institutional Research (IR) provides information about the University for the purposes of decision-making, strategic planning, mandated reporting and program review. The office responds to the reporting needs of the University administration, the academic departments, the state and federal government, and non-governmental organizations that support institutional research in higher education. We use a variety of procedures to collect and analyze data, and report the results, and aim to provide information that is clear, valid, reliable and useful.
The Office of Institutional Research is responsible for reporting the official college data to internal and external parties. We are a service office. The information we provide is intended to help the University community understand its institutional makeup.
Mission Statement for Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research facilitates and coordinates the collection, analysis and interpretation of institutional data to support assessment and improvement initiatives and to support institutional planning and decision-making.
Our responsibilities include the following:
- Providing statistical descriptions of the institution;
- Assisting with institutional planning processes;
- Lending support to others’ institutional research questions; and
- Consulting with departments and offices about their research studies.
The strategies for accomplishing these responsibilities include:
- Coordinating information in the current data infrastructure to respond to internal and external data requests;
- Being knowledgeable about current planning activities and higher education issues in the state and at Northeast Ohio Medical University;
- Providing meaningful information that will assist decision and policy makers; and
- Serving as the coordinator of institutional data.
How can we help?
- Survey Development
- Data Analysis
- External Reporting
Please forward your request for assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org or to ext. 6333. Please include the following with your request: name, phone number, date needed, and purpose of the request.