Post Baccalaureate/M.D. Pathway
Apply for a two-year pre-med program at CSU & provisional admission to medical school
Do you have a bachelor’s degree and an interest in practicing as a community-based doctor in an urban setting in a primary care field such as family medicine? Apply for provisional admission to medical school through the NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health. You may have a reserved seat awaiting you in College of Medicine at NEOMED upon completion of a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with an Urban Health Concentration at CSU.
NEOMED offers the Post Bacc./M.D. Pathway in partnership with:
- Cleveland State University through the NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health
Application Eligibility Guidelines
As a publicly funded university in the state of Ohio, preferential admission is given to Ohio residents. Each NEOMED Post-Bacc./M.D. applicant should:
- Have a minimum 3.0 college GPA OR minimum of 150 on each of the verbal and quantitative GRE subtests (scored must be received by application deadline and can be no more than two years old at time of application) OR MCAT equivalent of 492
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States
Required Application Materials
Each NEOMED Post-Bacc./M.D. application should include:
- Completed application including essays
- Official transcripts from every institution the applicant attended following high school graduation sent to NEOMED’s application servicer
- If required by virtue of a cumulative, combined undergraduate GPA of below a 3.0, submit GRE or MCAT test results that are no more than two years old at the time of application
- Two recommendations or evaluations*
*At least one recommendation should come from faculty, research supervisors, work supervisors, practicing physicians or health care providers. Letter should address academic potential, scientific and/or clinical abilities, responsibility, work ethic, and general work skills.
Personal recommendations may come from a co-worker, supervisor, clergy, counselor, officer of a non-profit or volunteer organization, etc. Letter should speak to personal attributes in relation to the mission of the Urban Health partnership.
Upon acceptance as a provisionally admitted student to the NEOMED Post-Bacc./M.D. program, students will have a seat reserved for them as a first-year medicine student at NEOMED. These students will be promoted to NEOMED if all promotion requirements, are met.
The College of Medicine requires that provisionally admitted Post-Bacc. students must:
- Successfully complete the Urban Health courses and seminars
- Have no less than a C- on all required courses
- Successfully complete urban health courses and seminars
- Have a 3.4 overall GPA in CSU baccalaureate coursework
- Have a 3.4 GPA in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math (BCPM)
- Have a total MCAT score of 500 or higher with 125 or higher in each subtest on the most recent test
The Committee on Academic and Professional Progress (CAPP) will annually determine if the student will be promoted, retained, or dismissed from the NEOMED Post-Bacc./M.D. program.
- October 1, 2016: Application available
- January 13, 2017: Application deadline
Questions? Please Contact:
Office of Enrollment Services
Toll Free: 800.686.2511