Pathways to Pharmacy
The 2016 Pathways to Pharmacy Application is now closed.
This summer program is accepting applications from current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors in high school. Pathways to Pharmacy offers work-based learning experiences, personal development workshops, and math and science enrichment activities to learn more about the pharmacy profession.
Student Selection Criteria
Each student is required to submit the online application, meet the following criteria, and upload the following requested documentation. If you have any questions, please email Jill Thompson at email@example.com
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Must have attendance record for the current academic year of 90% or higher
- Complete the online application
- Enter or upload as part of the application, three personal essay questions. Each essay should be 250 – 300 words:
- "Why are you interested in exploring a career in Pharmacy?"
- "What do you do outside of class to serve or help your community?
- "What is your favorite subject in school and why?"
- Include the Pathways to Pharmacy Camp Counselor Form
- If you are unable to view the form above, right-click on the link and choose "save link as" or "save target as" and save the file to your computer.
- Download the Counselor Form and submit the form to your guidance department to complete. *You must upload this form with your application
- Provide one reference (teachers, counselors, or community representative)
- Please provide an email address and phone number for your reference
In order to make the most of the Pathways to Pharmacy Camp experience, accepted students are encouraged to reach out to their local community and/or hospital pharmacists about the possibility of “shadowing” them for a few hours before attending the program at NEOMED or Cleveland State University. Prior to the start of the program, each accepted student will receive a welcome packet from the Pathway to Pharmacy Camp Coordinator. Included in the packet will be a letter welcoming the students into the program, as well as a personal letter from the coordinator which the student can utilize when approaching their local pharmacist(s) about acquiring shadowing experiences.
During the shadowing component of the program, it is hoped the students will gain a greater comprehension and understanding of the vast array of pharmacy career options and use that knowledge to continue to aspire to become pharmacists.
Two Pathways to Pharmacy programs will be offered this year- one at NEOMED's Rootstown campus and one at the Cleveland State University campus. The dates are as follows:
Monday, June 20 through Friday, June 24, 2016
Cleveland State University Campus
The Cleveland program will allow a maximum of fifteen students, with preferred consideration will be given to students from the Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
Monday, June 27 through Friday, July 1, 2016
Northeast Ohio Medical University Campus
The Rootstown program will allow a maximum of twenty-five students.
At the end of the week, the intent is that students will become familiar with basic pharmacy terminologies, have some understanding of the pharmacy profession as well as the necessary requirements to matriculate into the College of Pharmacy. In addition, students will also gain information on financial planning.
The program is generously sponsored by Walgreens.
Please complete the online application process no later than Friday, June 10, 2016. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Monday, June 13, 2016.