Direct Entry M.D. Path
The partnership to train primary care physicians began with the introduction of the preferential Direct Entry application process for CSU students in 2011. NEOMED will continue to offer the preferential Direct Entry admission process to CSU students who will matriculate at NEOMED’s College of Medicine in the fall of 2012 or 2013. Applicants from CSU who meet the academic criteria are assured an admissions interview. Direct Entry students from CSU who matriculate into the College of Medicine, will have an opportunity to participate in various clinical experiences in Cleveland.
All CSU students who wish to take advantage of the preferential Direct Entry process must apply through AMCAS by November 1 and complete the NEOMED Supplemental Application by December 1. Please see AMCAS website for application fees. Application fee waivers are determined by AMCAS. If a waiver is granted by AMCAS, NEOMED will honor their supplemental application. All applicants to NEOMED must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Have completed two semesters of organic chemistry
- Have completed two semesters of physics
- Have completed one semester of biology
In addition to one of the following options:
- Currently attend CSU with less than 30 credit hours earned, but be registered for enough hours to be close to 30 hours
- Currently attend CSU and have earned approximately 30 hours as a minimum
- Be a graduate of CSU
As publicly funded universities in the state of Ohio, preferential admission is given to Ohio residents.
No less than a C- on all required courses and:
- 3.25 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework (3.50 for Non-Ohio residents), 3.20 GPA in biology, chemistry, physics and math (3.25 for Non-Ohio residents), MCAT score of 8 or higher in each subtest on the most recent test, or
- 3.50 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework, 3.50 overall GPA in biology, chemistry, physics and math, MCAT composite score of at least 24 on the most recent test, with subtest scores of 8 or higher in two sections and no less than a 7 on the third
*MCAT scores may be no more than two years old at the time of application.
November 1—AMCAS application
December 1—NEOMED supplemental application
March—Latest notification of admissions decision