Memorial Service and Burial
• Families and friends will be invited to a multi-denominational memorial service organized annually by our medical students and the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology.
• Unless the donor or survivors make alternate arrangements, the cremated remains will be buried in our cemetery plot at Homeland Cemetery in Rootstown, Ohio. If the survivors make alternate arrangements for burial, the donor’s remains will be returned for private disposition. Please indicate your preference on the donor form.
• A permanent memorial plaque listing individual names is on display at the University.
• Our burial plot is graced by a large headstone upon which the following words are inscribed:
They Gave in Death For Those in Life
• Some relatives and friends have asked if they can contribute to the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology in memory of the donor. All contributions are gratefully accepted and are placed in a special fund that supports biomedical-anatomical research.